Quick Start: Access Your First Font Subscription
For a demonstration of a font subscription that contains only free fonts, please have a look at Jens Kutílek’s Free Fonts.
After you have installed the app, click on the button below to load the subscription into the app.
Published: Wed May 5 09:57:52 2021 +0000
- Finalized Hi-DPI support for the Windows app
- Material Icons
- Replaced image cache
- New OS notifications for expired fonts, font updates, invitations
Published: Wed Mar 31 17:32:50 2021 +0000
- Integrated Pro user accounts
- Implemented tooltips, but not commonly used yet
- Implemented messaging server connection icon next to the user account badge & subscriptions list
- Implemented notification when an incoming subscription is newer than the app version and a breaking change in the protocol prevents its execution
- Early support for hi-resolution app display on Windows
Published: Thu Feb 4 15:44:01 2021 +0000
A recently introduced mistake in the keychain handling rendered the app useless in many cases.
Published: Wed Feb 3 18:08:09 2021 +0000
- Implemented font-level images that take precedence over family-level images. See Protocol Changes
- Appcast (the text you’re reading right now) displays change-logs for up to five versions
Published: Mon Feb 1 17:55:38 2021 +0000
Implemented correct sorting and display of fonts into four-way font.format/font.variableFont matrix.
Published: Mon Jan 18 19:02:43 2021 +0000
- Fonts defined via
dataURLattribute are now being requested using the GET method instead of POST
- On the server side, installable fonts need to define a version number in the InstallFontAsset object
Published: Tue Dec 8 14:53:07 2020 +0000
- The app is now being cleanly built in the cloud
- Change of messaging server infrastructure from Google Cloud Pub/Sub to our own server using ZeroMQ
- Many other under-the-hood code changes
Published: Mon Jul 27 17:30:35 2020 +0000
No major code changes to 0.2.1-alpha, just announcing Beta status.
Published: Tue Jun 23 10:57:56 2020 +0000
Filters out pre-historic Subscription URLs from preferences that didn’t hold the correct
type world://json+ notation yet. This will help people that haven’t touched the app since its earliest stages and are now running into trouble launching a recent app version.
Published: Tue May 26 08:36:09 2020 +0000
- Changed protocol from
typeworld://json+to allow easier future plugin development
- Implemented custom foundry styling (colors and logo) including dark mode
- First Windows build since a long time
This release is meant to be the second last one before the official Beta phase and exists mainly so that the whole system can be sanity-checked one last time before Beta, and made sure that the software update mechanisms etc. work for everyone.
The upcoming version after this one is meant to be the so called Beta "Release Candidate". Then we officially open the Beta phase.
To access a font subscription demo, click here after installing the app.